We are looking for guest posts on the following topics:
- The craft of writing serials – any sort of “how to” posts or a discussion of what works for you in writing serials.
- Have you had your serial published? We’re interested in learning about your journey in writing your serial, finding readers and how your published your serial – whether traditional or indie. These posts can be in an interview format if you like. We are happy to supply interview questions upon request.
You can either submit your completed post to us or send us a query containing a summary of the type of information you propose for your post. You may also query us if you have ideas for posts on other topics besides those listed above that are relevant for writers and readers of serial stories. Queries can be submitted via email to tuesdayserial at tuesdayserial dot com.
Now for some specifics:
- We normally post guest posts on Thursdays, but you may request a specific date to coincide with a book release or other event and we will consider your request.
- Generally, we’re looking for posts in the 400-600 word range. If your post goes much over that range, we may suggest that your post could be broken into two installments.
- Your post must be original and must have never been published on any other site except your own personal blog.
- Your post will be visible on the Tuesday Serial front page for up to five days, depending on the day posted. When your post is no longer available on the front page, it will be archived in the “Special Guests” tab.
- Please do your part to spread the word about your guest post via social media. If your post gains sufficient pageviews, it could be featured in the sidebar under “popular posts.”
If you are submitting a finished post, rather than a query, please do the following:
- Paste your post (either in unformatted text or in html) into the body of an email.
- Include an appropriate title for your post and include your name, as you’d like it to appear, in the byline.
- Please do not include any attachments, including pictures, with your submission. Any submissions with attachments will be deleted unread. If your submission is accepted, we will request that you send any pictures including headshots and book covers.
- Include a 50 word bio at the end of your post including links to relevant websites.
- Do not include any affiliate links in the body of your post or in your bio.
- Send your submission to us at tuesdayserial at tuesdayserial dot com.
- Include your twitter username in your message if it’s not already included in your post.
- We will respond to all submissions within one week. We may reject your post if it is inappropriate for our site or we may accept it but recommend edits.